Saturday is the first day of EMSWORTH BRITISH FOOD FORTNIGHT now in Emsworth’s calendar.
Saturday 17th September
· Emsworth Market Day with Hampshire farmers Market. For the first time St.Peter’s Square will host this monthly market, bringing regional producers to the very heart of Emsworth. There is a fantastic range of seasonal produce from Hampshire Game though to Hayling island Honey.
· Montezuma’s Chocolate will be there offering samples of their fabulous chocolate.
· Meet the Emsworth Schools ‘Scarecrows’ – made by local schools to help celebrate the harvest – they will be unveiled in the Square and rumour has it some maybe be in fancy dress!
· Local Shops and business will be offering a range of special offers – look for the Yellow Balloons and pick up a leaflet on the day.
· Grab an Emsworth British Food Fortnight 2016 canvas bag and find a little surprise from Montezuma’s inside
· Emsworth Brewery Open Day – 12noon – 7pm – Visit this micro brewery in the heart of Emsworth and sample some ales.
· Eames Farm Open Day -11AM – 3PM – visit an organic Beef Farm, close to Emsworth and enjoy lots fun activities. Organised by Chichester Harbour Conservancy.
· Tower Cookware Demonstration – 10am – 4pm. Emsworth Home Hardware.
· Special Menus and regional dishes in many of the restaurants, pubs and cafes – including the famous Emsworth Beef, Oyster and Ale Pie. See recipe sheet.
· The start of our collection to help build the Emsworth Food Mountain to be donated to the Beacon Food Bank at our open air Harvest Festival on the last day of the Fortnight.
Sunday 18th September
· Emsworth Apple Day – 11am – 2pm – St.Peter’s Square – see separate press release.
There are just over 75 events and activities planned over this year’s Emsworth British Food Fortnight – including the Emsworth Wine Fair, Seafood Community Lunch, Beer Festival and the A Thought for Food Market.
can be found in the program
available in local shops, pubs and restaurants or download
And there is much more going on over the next few weeks..........
Sunday 18th September BOURNE LEISURE CENTRE OPEN DAY FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY 10am - 3pm Details HERE
Saturday 24th September EMSWORTH COMMUNITY CYCLE CLUB Meet at I 0:30am in Tesco Car Park. Rides will then be bi-weekly from this time and location. We are a road cycling club created for social rides around Emsworth and the surrounding areas. Our rides are usually 20 to 30 miles at a pace of 14mph to I 8mph — approximately 2 hours. The sessions are open to anyone keen to do road cycling, and we don't leave anyone behind. For more information: contact Lewis Sparshatt firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 30th September to Sunday 2nd
October Ernsworth's First British Beer and Cider Festival
Emsworth Community Centre, Church Path.
Thursday 6th October Interested in Railways? - Real or Models 6.30 to 9pm - in St John's Centre At Rob's Railway Evening you will see some videos of real railways in action. There will be model railways control, plus a demonstration of model railway control and other items of interest. Enjoy a fish and Chip Supper £6, and Coffee Connect will serve their delicious selection of coffees and teas. To book email Rob: email@example.com or ring St. John's Church Office weekday mornings: 01243 375576
Sunday 2nd October Southbourne Jumble Trail Join the Jumble Trail community. Find hidden treasures in your neighbourhood recycle your clutter, sell things you make Bric-a-Brac, Children’s Items, Clothes, Homemade Goods, DIY + Tools etc. More information HERE
Monday 10th October HAVANT ROTARY “GET TO KNOW YOU” EVENT The Havant Rotary Club is inviting people living or working in the club’s catchment area of Havant, Emsworth, Rowlands Castle and Hayling Island to an informal “get to know you” event with wine and canapés refreshments. Those attending will hear more about Rotary membership and see if this could be for them. The venue is The Bear Hotel, Havant at 5 to 6 pm. For more information and an invitation please contact Trevor Nightingale Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01243 574244
Monday 10th October The 33 at 3.30pm and 7.30pm True Story (Tam Rated 12A) 2hr 7rnins Tickets £5.00 per person (inc. refreshments) from the Community Centre Office Mon-Fri 10.00am to I 2noon or from Loretta's Newsmag in the High Street. Doors open half an hour before the film shows.
Saturday 15th October Annual Parish Auction Help is still required. If you can help in any wa please get in touch. Remember, This is our major fundraising event for this parish. For more information please contact Hilary and Michael Bolt on: Phone: 01243 376403 or Email: email@example.com Donation forms will be available soon. No fees and 100% goes into parish funds.
Friday 14th October LIVE MUSIC featuring Alexis Twine & Graham Anthony Bosham Village Hall at 7.00pm View the poster HERE
Saturday 15th October THE BIG SLEEP OUT Helping homeless people. Swap your bed for a cardboard shelter and help to bring hope. Get sponsored to sleep out at Chichester Cathedral and help Stonepillow; REGISTER NOW www.stonepilloweorgeuk or call 01243 537934
Sunday 16th October Autumn Wood Fair Hollybank Woods, Woodland Crafts, demonstrations and coppice volunteer day. 10am to 2pm Meet at the top of Hollybank Lane. Further details from john Bond 01243 376302
Saturday 18th October Emsworth Hampshire Farmers' Market 11.00am - 12.00pm in South Street Car Park
Monday 24 October Our Kind of Traitor
Thriller (Film Rated 15) I hr 48 minutes at 3.30pm and 7130pm
Tickets £5.00 per person (inc. refreshments) from the Community
Centre Office Mon-Fri 10.00am to I 2noon or from Loretta's Newsmag
in the High Street. Doors open half an hour before the film shows.
Saturday 29th October 2016 Craft Fair at Emsworth Community Centre 10.00am - 2.00pm a chance to see and buy crafts made by talented local people. Also accessories such as wool, ribbons and more for your own craft making. Ccontact: E. firstname.lastname@example.org T. 07763097434
To advertise on Emsworth Online email: email@example.com or phone: 07804 554515